Thursday, July 10, 2008

Living Room (w. "new" Taos Sofa)


Here are some photos of our living room. The new highlight is a Taos sofa that I recently bought from a seller on Craigslist.

This is a Taos Sofa, handmade in Santa Fe, New Mexico. This particular piece has recently been reupholstered with what appears to be heavy corduroy. The seller didn't like the look, but it seems a little Asian to me, which I think is a nice touch. Suges likes it too because it's "softer" than leather.  

A close-up of the sofa arm, which is constructed of Ponderosa Pine. Notice the pegged mortise-and-tenon construction.  Also, the wood is hand planed, not sanded.


This is a little corner of my favorite stuff. Gus, Spanish Bench, Pottery Barn Tripod Photographer's Lamp and Taos Sofa (not to mention Jacob's art work on the wall).

Gus


Table with some chachki on it: coasters, an old gin bottle that ML bought for me, and a copy of *Hometown Pasadena*

No comments: